Claiming Your $150 Credit
We've done a few things to make it easier on you to switch from Basecamp 2 to Basecamp 3. Like giving a $150 credit to existing customers! And letting you move some of your Basecamp 2 projects over with a couple taps!
But in order to hook you up with those perks, we need to see the connection between your old account and your new one. Here's how to make sure you can get it all with as little fuss as possible.
If you haven't already created a Basecamp 3 account, make sure that the owner of your Basecamp 2 account is the one who does it. Here's how:
- The Basecamp 2 account owner should visit basecamp.com/signup.
- Then fill out the form to start a new trial account using the same email address used for your paid Basecamp 2 account.
We'll ask whether you're trying to log in, or create a new account. Choose the
No, I want to start a new company accountbutton.
- After that we'll ask you to confirm your password, and you'll be all set.
If someone besides the Basecamp 2 account owner already created a Basecamp 3 account, you'll need to do one of two things:
- You can ask your Basecamp 2 account owner to transfer ownership to you. This will allow us to link to your Basecamp 2 and 3 accounts together. Here's a quick guide explaining how they can do that.
- Or, you can write to our support team and ask them to make your Basecamp 2 account owner an owner on your Basecamp 3 account too, this will also link the two accounts.
With both accounts owned by the same person, you're ready to claim your $150 credit for Basecamp 3.
First, you need to head to Adminland in Basecamp 3. You can get there by clicking the Basecamp logo in the top-left, and then the
Adminlandlink at the top of the purple menu.
Next, scroll down to the "Account Owners" section, and click the
Upgrade to a paid accountlink.
- Now you'll see a screen with a special call out at the top about the $150 credit. Just go through the checkout process and that's it! Your $150 credit has been added, and your Basecamp 3 account is ready to rock!
Not seeing the call out about the $150 credit when you go to upgrade? That means we're not seeing a paid Basecamp 2 or Basecamp Classic account that you own. Double check that the same person owns both of the Basecamp accounts.