Basecamp 3 for iPhone and iPad
We built Basecamp 3 to be fully featured and perfectly at home on iOS. Get it for free on the App Store (requires iOS 11.0 or later)
Jump ahead to learn more:
- The Basics
- Mark as Unread
- Work Can Wait
- More than one account
- Share with Basecamp
- Siri Shortcuts
- Having trouble?
If you’re reading a message or chatting in a Campfire, for example, you’ll always see the name of the project at the top of the screen. Tap that to quickly jump somewhere else in the project. The options menu (•••) at the top right gives you quick access to all the actions you can perform on the current screen like Edit, Bookmark, or Add something new.
Accidentally clicked on a notification? You can mark it as unread by swiping the notification to the left and tapping on "Mark as Unread."
Basecamp 3 offers a number of ways to manage your notifications. Focus Mode turns off notifications for a few hours so you can focus. With Work Can Wait you can set up a schedule to only be notified during working hours. You can even turn off notifications per device or everywhere. You’ll find these options in Me > Settings > Notification Settings.
Use Basecamp 3’s Share extension to quickly post photos, videos, Tweets, web pages and more to Basecamp from any supported app without having to launch the Basecamp app. Make sure Basecamp’s activity is enabled by tapping More on the Share sheet.
Quickly jump to your most-used tools in Basecamp with automatic suggestions from Siri and Siri Shortcuts!
Siri is now able to learn your behavior across iOS and automatically suggest an action for you in Basecamp. Siri makes this suggestion on your lock screen so you're just a tap away from getting where you (most likely!) need to go.
Siri also responds to custom phrases! You can say "Hey Siri, what's new in Basecamp?" and Siri will pull up the Basecamp app, right to the page where you can see what's indeed is new for you.
These custom phrases can be set up on your device by starting off in the Shortcuts app. For some suggested Shortcuts:
- Find the Gallery** (you may need to tap < Shortcuts at the top left)
- Shortcuts from Your Apps < See all
- Basecamp < See all
** = The Gallery tab is on iPhone only, not iPad.
You could also create your own Shortcuts.
- Click on the My Shortcuts tab on the bottom lefthand side of the page
- Tap + on the action you'd like to add
- You'll see the Add to Siri screen, where you can add a custom phrase Siri can use to run that shortcut
When you're uploading a photo to Campfire or to a Ping conversation, you'll have the option to upload it as is or sketch on the image:
You can stick with dark gray for your sketching, use the other color options, and change the width of the stroke.
Sketch away and when you're done, hit the checkmark at the top right of the page. The image will post to the Campfire or Ping conversation once you tap on the ✔️
Here are a few things to try if Basecamp 3 isn’t working quite right.
- Do you have the right Basecamp app? Basecamp 3 for iOS only works with accounts created on the new Basecamp 3 released in Fall 2015. If you’re using Basecamp Classic or Basecamp 2 you can download the Basecamp 2 app from the App Store.
- Are you connected to the Internet? Basecamp 3 for iOS must be connected to a cellular data or wi-fi network while in use. Instructions for connecting to wi-fi.
- Have you tried quitting the app and re-opening it? Here’s how.
- Is the app unresponsive, crashing or won’t open? Try these steps