Basecamp 3 for iPhone and iPad
We built Basecamp 3 to be fully featured and perfectly at home on iOS. Get it for free on the App Store.
Jump ahead to learn more:
- The Basics
- Work Can Wait
- More than one account
- Share with Basecamp
- Share projects with QR codes
- Siri Shortcuts
- Apple Watch
- Having trouble?
If you’re reading a message or chatting in a Campfire, for example, you’ll always see the name of the project at the top of the screen. Tap that to quickly jump somewhere else in the project. The options menu (•••) at the top right gives you quick access to all the actions you can perform on the current screen like Edit, Bookmark, or Add something new.
Basecamp 3 offers a number of ways to manage your notifications. Focus Mode turns off notifications for a few hours so you can focus. With Work Can Wait you can set up a schedule to only be notified during working hours. You can even turn off notifications per device or everywhere. You’ll find these options in Me > Settings > Notification Settings.
Use Basecamp 3’s Share extension to quickly post photos, videos, Tweets, web pages and more to Basecamp from any supported app without having to launch the Basecamp app. Make sure Basecamp’s activity is enabled by tapping More on the Share sheet.
The easiest way to join and invite people to projects is with a QR code. Send a code via text, print-out, email, or group chat to give people instant access to your project.
To share a project...
- Add/Remove people on the project, then choose Scan to join from the ••• menu (left).
- Long-press on the QR code to save and share it (right).
To join a project from a QR code on a print-out or on someone else’s screen, open the Camera app on your iOS device and scan a code. Or choose Scan QR code from the Home tab in the Basecamp app to scan. Choose Scan from photo to open a QR code already saved to your device.
Quickly jump to your most-used tools in Basecamp with automatic suggestions from Siri and Siri Shortcuts.
Siri is now able to learn your behavior across iOS and automatically suggest an action for you in Basecamp. Siri makes this suggestion on your lock screen so you're just a tap away from getting where you (most likely!) need to go.
Siri also responds to custom phrases! You can say "Hey Siri, what's new in Basecamp?" and Siri will pull up the Basecamp app, right to the page where you can see what's indeed is new for you.
These custom phrases can be set up on your device by starting off in Settings. Then tap Siri & Search > All Shortcuts. Scroll until you see Basecamp's shortcut options and click the + button to the right of the shortcut you want to use.
Basecamp 3 works on all models of Apple Watch. You can read notifications and manage all of your Hey! Unreads right on your wrist!
To receive notifications from Basecamp on your Apple Watch be sure to enable them in the Watch app on your phone.
Here are a few things to try if Basecamp 3 isn’t working quite right.
- Do you have the right Basecamp app? Basecamp 3 for iOS only works with accounts created on the new Basecamp 3 released in Fall 2015. If you’re using Basecamp Classic or Basecamp 2 you can download the Basecamp 2 app from the App Store.
- Are you connected to the Internet? Basecamp 3 for iOS must be connected to a cellular data or wi-fi network while in use. Instructions for connecting to wi-fi.
- Have you tried quitting the app and re-opening it? Here’s how.
- Is the app unresponsive, crashing or won’t open? Try these steps