Forgot your password? You can reset your password.
In Basecamp 4, there are a few ways to log in, depending on how you set up your account. No matter the method, you can always start by clicking the
Customer log in button at the top right of basecamp.com. Or you can click here to sign in now.
If you're already logged in, you'll be taken straight to your account. If you're not currently logged in, you'll be asked for your email address and password or Google Account information.
Jump ahead to:
- Trouble Logging In?
- If you have a Basecamp username and password
- If you connected your Google account
- If you need to change the way you log in to Basecamp
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Start using your Google account to log in
- Turn off Google login
- Create a password
Seeing an error message when you attempt to login? Here's how to get into Basecamp and back to work!
We couldn't find that one. Want to try another?
This means the email address you entered is not linked to a Basecamp account.
- Check for typos. Double-check to make sure that every - or . or letter included in your email address is entered correctly.
- Try another email address. If you have more than one, it's possible you use another email address for Basecamp and forgot! Once you login, you can always update your login to the email address you prefer to use going forward.
- Accept your invitation. If you don't remember setting up a login for Basecamp, you may still need to accept your invitation to join a Basecamp account. Reach out directly to someone already on the account and ask them to resend it!
- First time using Basecamp? Sign up for a new account instead. To join someone else's account, ask them send you an invitation.
We didn’t recognize that password.
- Reset your password. Send yourself a password reset email. The link is just below the login button!
Be sure to check your Spam folder if you don't receive that email after a few minutes.
- Another browser. If you keep receiving this error message after successfully resetting your password, it could be your browser. To test this, try a different browser. If your new password works there, clear the cache and cookies in your regular browser.
- Two-factor authentication. If you are having trouble with two-factor authentication because you lost your phone or no longer have access to your authenticator app, use one of the recovery codes you saved during setup.
If you don't have a recovery code but you're logged into a different browser session, you can get your recovery codes and update or disable your two-factor authentication settings. Learn more about the steps here!
If you've created a Basecamp password before, and you aren't using Google to log in, we'll ask for your password. Click the
Log in button at Basecamp.com and enter your username and password. From there, you'll be taken into your Basecamp account!
If you've chosen to log in with Google (more on that in a moment!), click the
Sign in with Google button right off the bat. If you enter in your email address and click Next, we'll remind you that you've used a Google ID instead of a password. Click that button, choose the Google ID you used to create your login and you're in!
If you need to change the way you log in to Basecamp - that's easy! Go to the Change my login page. From there, adjust your settings and choose the way you'd like to login! You can set up Google sign-in or change your password.
Enable two-factor authentication to secure your account by heading to your avatar, clicking on
From your profile, click the link that says
Change your login info here.
On the next page, click
Set up 2FA and follow the on-screen prompts. Be sure to save your recovery codes somewhere safe! You'll need those codes to access the account if you ever lose the ability to log in with your authenticator app.
Follow the steps after you click that button, and you should be up and running with 2FA in no time.
Connect your Google account for quicker sign-ins and enhanced security through multi-factor authentication.
First, log in as usual. Once you're in, click your profile picture in the top-right corner. In the menu, click
Next, click the
Change your login info here link below your personal info:
Switch to Google button:
In the pop-up window that appears, pick the Google account you want to use to sign in to Basecamp and you're all set.
The next time you log in to Basecamp, just click
Use my Google account!
Want to stop using Google to log in? Head back to your avatar, click
My Profile, and then on the link at the bottom to
Change your login info here. On the next page, choose the option to "Switch to email."
Never created a password for Basecamp, but you want one? No problem! You can create a password by sending yourself a password reset email. Once you create a password, you'll be asked for it when logging in.