When you post a new item or a comment on an existing one, Basecamp 3 lets you choose which other people to notify. Click on the
Add/remove other people link at the bottom of the page to send a notification alerting folks to new content.
Tick the boxes next to people’s names to select whom to notify (or use the
select everyone/select no one links up top), then select either the option to
wait until the next comment is posted to send the notification, or
send everyone the item right away. Hit
Save changes, and that becomes the new default for who gets notified on any new posts to the thread.
Campfire: Click the
Follow button in the Campfire tool when you want to keep up with the chat in any given Basecamp. The counter next to your
Campfires menu will indicate the number of new posts to the rooms you follow. Click the
following button in the same place when you no longer want to see those.
Everything else: Anywhere you can add a comment (like to-do lists, automatic check-ins, messages and so on), you can elect to receive notifications for future posts to the thread by clicking the
send me notifications button at the bottom of the page.
Stop sending me notifications about this button when the conversation devolves into something utterly ridiculous and you are just trying to get some work done, for crying out loud, doesn't anyone have anything better to do around here:
You can also opt out of specific threads by clicking the link at the bottom of the email notification:
You'll automatically be notified for some things, based on your participation. When:
- you post a comment on something, you’ll receive notifications on future posts to the thread.
- you type in a Campfire, you are automatically following that Campfire.
- someone assigns you a to-do, you'll be notified when anyone comments on it.
- you assign someone a to-do, you'll be notified when anyone comments on it, and when it's checked off.
- someone "@" mentions you in a comment thread, you'll receive notifications for future posts to that thread. (You can always remove yourself by clicking the button at the bottom of the thread.)