When you post a new item or a comment on an existing one, Basecamp 3 lets you choose which other people to notify. Click on the
Add/remove other people link at the bottom of the page to send a notification alerting folks to new content.
Tick the boxes next to people’s names to select whom to notify (or use the
select everyone/select no one links up top), then select either the option to
wait until the next comment is posted to send the notification, or
send everyone the item right away. Hit
Save changes, and that becomes the new default for who gets notified on any new posts to the thread.
Campfire: Click the ••• menu in the upper right corner of the Campfire tool and then
Notify me when people chat when you want to keep up with the conversation in any given project, team, or HQ. The counter next to Campfires in your
Hey! menu will indicate the number of new posts to the rooms you follow. Click
Stop notifying me in the same place when you no longer want to see those.
Automatic check-in questions: If you don't need to be notified when other people answer a check-in, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of an email notification:
You can also unsubscribe from answers to that question via the menu in the upper right corner:
Everything else: Anywhere you can add a comment (like to-do lists, comments on automatic check-ins, messages, and so on), you can elect to receive notifications for future posts to the thread by clicking the
Subscribe me button at the bottom of the page.
Unsubscribe me button when the conversation devolves into something utterly ridiculous and you are just trying to get some work done, for crying out loud, doesn't anyone have anything better to do around here:
You can also opt out of specific threads by clicking the link at the bottom of the email notification:
You'll automatically be notified for some things, based on your participation. When
- you post a comment on something, you’ll receive notifications on future posts to the thread.
- you type in a Campfire, you are automatically following that Campfire.
- someone assigns you a to-do, you'll be notified when anyone comments on it.
- someone adds you to an automatic check-in, you'll automatically be subscribed to answers for that question. (You can unsubscribe, though!)
- you assign someone a to-do, you'll be notified when anyone comments on it, and when it's checked off.
- someone "@" mentions you in a comment thread, you'll receive notifications for future posts to that thread. (You can always remove yourself by clicking the button at the bottom of the thread.)
- someone "@" mentions you in a Campfire, you'll receive notifications for future posts to that Campfire. (You can always stop following a Campfire from the ••• menu in the upper right corner.)